With E3 2016 right around the corner, it’s time for developers to start releasing trailers showcasing their progress on upcoming games. First up is Cosmic Star Heroine, a game that was Kickstarted a few years ago and is set for a summer release.
Developer Zeboyd Games brings a “turn-based sci-fi Japanese-style RPG” with a visual style reminiscent of anime from the late 80s and early 90s. The gameplay appears to be a mixture of Chrono Trigger and Phantasy Star with a turn-based battle system. Here are some of the features listed on the original Kickstarter page:
- Save anywhere! Minimal grinding (unless you want to)!
- Brisk pacing that respects your time!
- No separate battle screen! Battles take place directly in the dungeons & areas that you explore!
- 2D visual style straight from the height of gaming’s 16-bit era!
- Animated cutscenes reminiscent of the Sega CD & Turbo Duo era!
If you’re a fan of retro anime or the old era of turn-based RPGs, then you might want to put this on your list of summer games. Cosmic Star Heroine will be available as a $14.99 Cross-Buy title for PS4 and PS Vita later this summer. Zeboyd Games has also teamed up with Limited Run Games for a physical release of Cosmic Star Heroine at an undisclosed date.
[via US PlayStation Blog]