Here are the patch notes, courtesy of envisager aka PlayStation’s European Community Manager, Chris Owen:
- Playback of Blu-ray 3D™ is now supported.
- Sound quality has been improved during 1.5x playback with Blu-ray Disc™ and DVD videos.
- System messages previously displayed on the top-right corner of the screen are now displayed on the top-left corner of the screen.
- [Featured Content] has been added to (Settings) > [System] > [Automatic Downloads and Uploads].
- When this setting is enabled, featured content from the PlayStation®Store is automatically downloaded while the PS4™ system is either powered on or in standby mode.
- To download while in standby mode, go to (Settings) > [Power Save Settings] > [Set Functions Available in Standby Mode], and then turn on [Connect to the Internet].
The latest PlayStation 4 firmware update is now live. If you own a PlayStation 4, you can download system software update 1.75 now. As we reported last week, the firmware adds support for 3D Blu-Rays on the console. Because we haven’t actually had the chance to test out the firmware ourselves,we’re not sure if any other features were snuck in or if the SHARE button was fixed. The firmware update is 194 MB so it’s not too large.