The Order: 1886 gameplay footage shows blurs the boundaries between CG and gameplay [VIDEO]

The Order 1886 screenshots

When we first saw Ready At Dawn’s upcoming PS4 exclusive, The Order: 1886 at last year’s E3, we assumed the debut trailer was entirely CG. It turns out we were completely wrong. Today, Ready At Dawn brought down the embargo preventing members of the press from showing off gameplay footage of the highly anticipated PS4 title, and what we’ve seen is incredible.

As TheGamerAccess shows, Ready At Dawn’s title has completely blurred the lines between what we expected between CG and gameplay visuals. The Order: 1886 seamlessly transitions from a smooth CG cutscene directly to gameplay, allowing the player to control the game’s character without so much as a hitch. From watching the gameplay footage, there’s really no way we can tell that there was a graphical difference between the preceding cutscene and the part where the player took over.

This is truly a marvel for the PS4 and surely a sign of things to come as more developers begin to tap into the powerhouse that is the PlayStation 4. One thing’s for sure, we can’t wait to see what Naughty Dog will be able to do with this kind of power.

What do you think about the gameplay? Let us know in the comments below.

• rsco6969

This looks awesome.

• https://www.imthegoddamnbatman.com Gamer Mania

Yeah, this proves games are starting to look more like their trailers :3
      And the fact that the in game graphics look the same as the cut-screen graphics :D

• https://www.imthegoddamnbatman.com Gamer Mania

A smooth 30 fps for this is really good :)
    Graphics look amazing.
    Throwing my wallet at the screen-able = 100%

• YogiGRB

where have i heard this “smooth flow from cutseen to gameplay” before …. ow yeah naughty dogs drake on the play3 had that. Only these graphics are way beter then back then. I like what i’m seeing

• Ahiam94

Looks beautiful! Gameplay looks like it’ll be pretty fun too! Can’t wait to see more on this.

• Kyle

To be honest, I’ve never been impressed by the Ps4 graphics compared to the Ps3s , but this may be the first game I’ve seen that’s changed that.

• Remi82

Absolutely gorgeous. One of the reasons I bought a PS4! Can’t wait.

• Yohan KillSwitch

This is why I’m gamer right here. The PS4 IS A MONSTER!

• oontz

and there it is… games are already looking this good! Can you imagine what games will look like in 2, 3 or 4 years? Look at the difference between Uncharted 1 and Uncharted 3. Only one way but up!

• sd

I cant wait to start seeing true next gen graphics in upcoming games. At first I wasn’t too impressed, then I noticed it had defaulted to 240p. Glad I changed it to 1080 it looks good.