GameInformer’s cover story for the month of February is the upcoming title Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes. GameInformer got four hours to go hands-on with the upcoming game and they have some interesting things to say about it.
According to the latest issue of GameInformer, the storyline for Ground Zeroes clocks in at a measly 2 hours long. Remember, this is only the main storyline, meaning any side quests or exclusive missions were not taken into account. Still, though, two hours is pretty short for a $20-$30 title (depending on which version you buy).
NeoGaf user DieH@rd obtained a copy and detailed some of GameInformer’s findings:
GZ [Ground Zeroes]
- 2 hr main story mode
- normal and hard difficulity present
- ability to turn off all aids [more awards for that]
- side missions, collection of XOF patches, extraction of soldiers that will be transfered to TPP
- all missions have leaderboards
- mobile app for realtime map info
- great gameplay
- regular content downloadable packs between GZ and TPP [unconfirmed, they may have talked about "nature" of GZ, experimental prequel, new form of distribution etc]
TPP [The Phantom Pain]:
- 9 years after GZ, BB casts away the name of Snake and goes on a mission of revenge, builds outer haven
- bigass game
- they will tell the tale of Les Efantes Terrible project [birth of twin snakes]
- several large open world areas, set in differnt places around the world [afhanistan and africa are unveiled for now]
- open world gameplay, player can choose how to engage enemy, sneak/attack/escape
- base building, visiting friends bases, mobile app
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes will be available for the PlayStation 4 on March 18, 2013 for $39.99.