EA claims new PlayStation 4 firmware causes issues

Need For Speed Rivals PlayStation 4

The PlayStation 4 officially launches today, and we’ve been hearing about a few issues with the firmware and system. The biggest issue seems that a few of the consoles are bricked, requiring some complex steps to reset.

According to none other than EA, there might be some problems with the newest PlayStation 4 firmware. EA posted a message on the official EA blog, but removed it shortly after. Here’s what the full message said (via Kotaku):

Sony has released a firmware update for the PlayStation 4 that is required for many features on the console. However, this update also results in stability issues while playing games on the system.

This affects all games on the PS4, including EA titles, causing crashing/freezing and non-responsive connections between the player’s console and their TV Screen.

Unfortunately since it’s an issue with Sony’s firmware, it requires a new update to fix it. Sony is working to resolve the issue as quickly as they can. They will update their System Update page as new versions are made available, and we will keep this page updated as we find out more

We haven’t heard about any issues with the firmware, and it’s a bit strange that EA posted, then pulled the message. It could have been a simple mistake. Or maybe there was some truth to it and they decided to remove the blog post before Sony made an official statement.

Have you had any issues with EA games on the PlayStation 4? Let us know in the comments section.

• http://overlordror.tumblr.com/ Ashley King

Setting up my PlayStation 4 now. I haven’t experienced any issues during the set up process, but we’ll see once I get around to actually playing some games.

• PS4,WIIU,XBOXONE

i just think ea is full if bull

• RyuNoHadouken

mine works fine too…just couldnt order PS Plus until today…kept saying network down for maintenance or something along those lines…..probably too many users on at one time

• The Unknown Legacy

I’ve been playing on my PS4 all day and haven’t experienced any problems. I played Battlefield 4, Assasins Creed Blackflag, Warframe and DC universe and had no problems whatsoever.

• Gamer Mania

Must be EA trying to grab some attention so that they can feel better about making Titanfall a Microsoft Exclusive but we all know they are bullshitting.

• Adrian

And she was never heard from again…

• sd

Well if EA make a statement we should all have full respect for what they say, right?

• PS4,WIIU,XBOXONE

wrong ea is and illrespectable company they have there heads up there butts :/

• sd

I was being sarcastic about EA. They simply like to say negative thing about other companies, thats how they roll.

• Gamer Mania

EA and Respect don’t go so well together. Its like Chalk and Cheese, best thing to do is just ignore them. They are acting like that spoiled kid that no one wants to know but he keeps making up stupid shit so he can get noticed.

• Gameonfool

EA Truely supports another console

• Fweds

Silly comment.

• Gameonfool

silly name

• Gamer Mania

Speak for yourself.

• Gamer Mania

Yeah…. which might explain why they are dying

• Gameonfool

now whos butthurt foolmania anyway just stating a fact that EA is supporting one console more than the other, maybe for good reason they not going to fully support the loooserstation 4

• Gamer Mania

Yet Microsoft actually congratulated Sony for the PS4 launch.. I’m sorry but it sounds like Microsoft knows they are beat.

• Fweds

MS congratulated Sony’s launch where they could just of easily gloated and given Sony some bad PR.

Maybe Sony will learn from this and not make any more silly videos in the future.

• Hipster Victor

Like I always say, never buy a console at launch

• Ace J

yup i made the mistake of getting a wii u on day 1. thats why iam gonna wait till February maybe even March to get a ps4

• Corey0928

Are the servers up and running yet? I couldn’t even log into my psn account earlier

• Keadin

So far it looks like it’s been a decent launch, I feel bad for (what I hope are) the few people that are having issues… I’ll have to wait 2 more weeks for the Playstation to launch here, I hope by then the biggest problems will have been ironed out.

• Chronic Gang

EA has a problem with the playstation…..
    EA has a problem with Nintendo……

maybe the problem is…….EA

• PS4,WIIU,XBOXONE

EA is a shitty company and this is why ea is voted the worst game company repeatingly on top of it all there games typically suck maybe if they werent so bizzy bitching and just focused hard on games theyd actually produce quality games

• Chronic Gang

i totally feel you and if there games don’t sell the way the hope for the blame the console

• Gamer Mania

No…. EA IS the problem.

They are too lazy to even bother making games anymore, hell even there sports games on both the PS4 and Xbox One only look pretty but they are a massive down grade from the current gen versions

• Psyentifik

I would imagine EA jumped the gun with that announcement. It seems like they are throwing someone else under the bus. They probably realized that is what it sounded like and yanked it. My question is why didn’t they just wait until Sony made an official statement?

• Gameonfool

move on butthurt people, move along

• Gamer Mania

So why are you still here?

• Gameonfool

Oh f### you

• TomDobo

EA are shit but they do release a handful of good games though.

• Ahiam94

I have two friends that got the PS4 and so far they haven’t had any issues. Neither have I, so, I’m thinking (hoping?) That this stuff is a bit exaggerated.

• Kurokawamizaki

EA just did a (one 80) and has backed down from this claim, that the fault lies with the firmware, and linking to Sonys support page. lol

• Mag Wolf

EA server can’t handle shit! Simcity should have been proof of that. A single player game

• Graham Sharp

EA your full of sit. Is it any coincidence that Battlefield & Need for Speed both crash? I think not. The new PS4 update has arrived & guess what, Need For Speed still errors & closes during gameplay. How about you fix it or fuck off.

• Mats Beausang

I cant play Need for Speed: Rivals on my PS4 because I cant establish a connection with the EA servers. This poor end-user concern from EA is the very reason I stopped buying their games on PC. Origin made me insane and I really had hoped not to have any issues on a console. But hey, I was wrong. I will never, ever buy a EA product again. Not even if Rockstar sell out the GTA series.

• Luke Bryant

when im on nfs rivals on my ps4 i go to all drive in the hide out and it says i have to be signed into the ea servers but it doesnt give me the option too