With today’s PSN Store update came a bevy of sweet Capcom discounts and new games, not to mention The Last of Us DLC to compliment patch v1.05. Best of all, and most relevant to our niche website, the PS4 Pre-orders section has swung the doors wide open with two games…
For a flat price of $59.99, you can pre-order the full version of Knack right now from the comfort of your computer via the SEN webstore, or from your PS3 via the PlayStation Store. According to the store listing of the title, these are the main selling points:
- Stunning graphics – Detailed characters and environments, 90 minutes of stunning cutscenes, and featuring a unique character brought to life by the power of the PS4™ system.
- Two-player coop – A friend can join the fun at any time with drop-in/drop-out cooperative play
- Old-school meets next-gen – Collect relics to power up and smash your way through hordes of goblins, robots, tanks and more!
- Fun for everyone – Action-packed gameplay features simple controls but challenging and varied enemy AI.
- One-time license fee for play on purchasing account’s designated, primary PS4™ system and other PS4™ systems when signed in with purchasing account.
Take note that the last “selling point” is there to remind people of the DRM of sorts. That is to say, if a PS4 with your PSN account wants to play this game, your PSN account needs to be signed in. If this is true, then people with share accounts will be up in a tizzy. No longer will we be able to share a game across all accounts on one system.
The second game is a puzzling choice because it’s a free game. Warframe is available for pre-order…wait, what? I really can’t explain this, but there it is. It’s likely there as a marketing ploy to get people excited about PS4. Here we are, 30 days before the system’s North American launch and every potential PS4 owner already owns a game right now!
Digital Extremes’ Warframe is originally a PC game brought to PS4 for mainstream console consumption. And with the introductory price of free, it will be massively consumed. It’s now officially the first game available for a console that isn’t out yet. “Ninjas Play Free.” It’s features are as follows:
- 1 player campaign
- 2-4 players online
- Remote Play out to Vita (standard feature)
- 1080p HD video output
- Online Play (required)
- *Online multiplayer also requires a PlayStation®Plus subscription
- FREE Bonus Ultimate Fun Pack:
- 20,000 Credits to help upgrade your arsenal
- 50 Platinum to give you access to new Warframes, weapons and more
- Exclusive PS4 Braton Rifle skin
*That middle bullet point must be a typo! But if it’s not, then the first free-to-play game is not entirely free to play. You’ve been warned. Both of these PS4 pre-order titles will become available to download onto your spanking new PlayStation 4 no sooner than November 15th. Now, go forth and secure some PS4 pre-orders will ya?
[UPDATE] – I thought it might be helpful to include navigational direction to find this elusive PS4 Pre-Orders menu from the PS3 Store. I found it only after poking and prodding through a dozen other menus. Here’s how to get there as of this writing:
- From the first screen of the PlayStation Store on PS3, select Games.
- Scroll down towards the bottom and select PS4 Preview.
- Scroll all the way to the right and select PS4 Pre-Orders.