Yesterday, the PlayStation YouTube channel updated with a new PS4 sizzle trailer. This trailer attempts to excite and inform fans with what to expect from the many 1st party publishers as well as from 3rd parties working on PS4 games. The video also reaffirms that Assassin’s Creed IV and Watch_Dogs both include 60 minutes of additional gameplay only on PS4…only for 6 months.
Scrub to the 1:18 mark and you’ll see the bit on Assassin’s Creed IV that reads, “Includes 60 minutes of exclusive gameplay only on PS4.” Look below that text to find the asterisk with the text “6 month exclusive.” This can also be seen at the 1:24 mark with Watch_Dogs. According to Eurogamer, this text about the added content being a timed exclusive is not present in the EU version of the same trailer.
For Assassin’s Creed IV, the added gameplay includes three missions featuring Aveline from the Vita exclusive AC III Liberation, which is receiving an HD-ification in the form of a digital download for PS3, PC and Xbox Live January 14th and 15th respectively. If you haven’t played the Vita version, I don’t blame you but you should definitely give the console HD redux a play.
As for the Watch_Dogs additional content, Ubisoft has yet to detail what it entails. Though, we aren’t expecting anything anytime soon given that the title was recently delayed into 2014. Everyone loves bulleted lists. Here’s a list of the bullet points to take away from the above trailer:
- PS4 is developer inspired/gamer focused
- The most powerful next-gen console
- Play great exclusives on PS4: Killzone: Shadow Fall, DriveClub, inFamous Second Son, Knack, The Order: 1886, Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition, War Thunder, LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
- 24 PS4 exclusives announced to date
- 14 award winning studios creating exclusive games for PS4: Sucker Punch, Media Molecule, Guerrilla Games, Sony Santa Monica Studio, Japan Studio, Evolution Studios, London Studio
- Exclusive content on PS4 for blockbuster games: Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag, Watch_Dogs, Destiny
- PlayStation Loves Indies: Transistor, ResOgun, Octodad: Dadliest Catch, Hohokum
- Over 180 games in development, more than any other next-gen console
- The best place to play, “Greatness Awaits“
Feel free to openly discuss the video and the above bullet points in the comments section below. I’d love to hear what you think about all of this and how it compares to the launch line-up for PS4.