Xbox One delay gives the PlayStation 4 another edge

PlayStation 4 vs Xbox One
The PlayStation 4 has been leading the Xbox One on all fronts over the past two months. When it comes to developers, fan support, and even pre-orders, the PS4 has come out on top. And now Sony’s console is getting yet another advantage in the next gen console war. And a very big one.

Last week, Microsoft shocked many with the announcement that the Xbox One launch will be limited from the initial 21 countries, down to just 12 countries. Places like Sweden, Denmark, Belgium, Russia, and others, will have to wait until early 2014 to get their Xbox One.

The PlayStation 4 is expected to launch in all those territories this Fall, which will give it a huge advantage of being the only next gen console in those territories for 6 months or so.

However, we still don’t know how many countries the PlayStation 4 will launch in. Sony has kept those cards close to their chests. This turned out to be a great tactic, as they now know exactly where the Xbox One will be delayed. Of course, it’s not like the smaller countries like Belgium and Denmark will account for huge sales, but getting a foothold early can be important, especially since the home console business is generally a zero sum game.

Recently, Swedish developer DICE voiced their support for the PlayStation 4 after Microsoft delayed the Xbox One in Sweden to 2014.

• Nintyfan

Xbox 180.

• Captain Obvious

Not the first 8th gen. The Wii U is 8th gen.

It won’t be the only next gen console for those places.

Wii U is in those territories.

• kevin nun—-

time for Nintendo to market like crazy in those places lol

• John Andalora

Rephrased: “which will give it a huge advantage of being the only next-gen console that people will want in those territories for 6 months or so.”

Troll detected.

• John Andalora

Congratulations. How long’d it take you to figure that one out?
          No shame in a little trolling every now and again.

Joke

• Ducked

True.

Xbox One only cares about North America and the UK. Since there big portion of sales are from first person shooters, and other 3rd party titles. They don’t have a lot to offer Japan, and there not crazy about smaller markets.

The United States is the big battle ground, but there’s a world outside the US. That’s what Microsoft is failing to realize, and that’s whats going to cost them. The 360 had a advantage in the US, but now that PS4 is owning the Xbox One in America, they could be seriously in trouble.

• Guest

Im not sure if I would really count Japan as a small market haha that has been Microsofts biggest problem is viewing some markets as un-important when in actuality they could help Microsoft make alot more money/increase fanbase.

Exactly. Spot on.

• rsco6969

it’s a shame people to not see past just “shooters” so many great intellectual genres out there don’t get me wrong i like the occasional shooter just not cod revisited every year .

• Guest10000000000000

“Ducked”, I have a question.
        Why am I not allowed to post on Wii U Daily?

• Ducked

For some reason one of the mods banned you from the comment section. I have no idea why?

Everyone was saying that I was spamming 24/7

• Guest10000000000000

Even if was nice, almost everyone was hated me and spammed me as well

• zackfair345

I don’t hate you. I like you as a friend

• Guest10000000000000

Thank you. I respect you too :)

• zackfair345

you’re welcome :)

• Clel

You got banned, for spam, trolling, and racism. Be careful or the same thing will happen here.

*gulp*
            Clel is here…MUST…FLAG…”CLEL”…

• Clel

Okay, well see ya! In case you were actually wondering, I just wanted to let you know.

K.

>:(

>:) hehehehehehehe…

• zackfair345

LOL

Thanks

P.S. BEWARE OF “Clel”.

“Clel”, again, SHUT UP!

• zackfair345

okay then

• Guest10000000000000

I wonder who downvoted me?

• zackfair345

I don’t know. “Clel” or a guest that’s not signed up

Most likely.

• Guest10000000000000

Of course, this is PS4 Daily, where the deluded followers of “Fonyism” (The Sony religion) gather up and bash neutral gamers like me and “Orto”.

I am not truly racist…
            There are ignorant people regardless of any sort of group.
            However, this is false for religion and politics, where for most of the time, ignorance and immaturity IS the norm.

• Tyler Hilton

8th gen of videogames started with the 3ds back in feb 2011 , im sure of it so it wont be the first next gen console , like others have said already

• Andrew

Rumor: PS4 set to release in “late October,” Microsoft “moneyhatting” Platinum for exclusive Xbox One game & more http://t.co/EoIcrVraNx

• Ducked

Kingdom Hearts III and Final Fantasy XIV/XV have me sold.
    PS4 being $100 cheaper has me sold.
    PS4 dualshock 4 has me sold.
    LittleBigPlanet 3 and Uncharted 4 will have me sold.

I’m ready!

• zackfair345

yep I pre ordered the PS4 because of FFXV and KH3. I also might be getting saints row 4, I need that to help not to get bored until next year and GTA V I plan on pre ordering

• Ducked

Yeah, I’m re-playing the final fantasy series since it’s been a while since I played the game. I’ll also have the 1.5, and 2.5 collection.

• zackfair345

yeah me too. but when I get the PS4 and FFXV I’ll be planning on doing a walkthrough for the FF fans. still I can’t wait for the 2.5 remix to kingdom hearts, I’ll actually be able to play final mix

No fanboyism, please