Sony revealed a ton of features of the upcoming PlayStation 4. Among those are streaming of older PS1, PS2, and PS3 games, a plethora of sharing options, and much more. However, Sony has confirmed that those online and cloud features will be rolled out gradually after launch.
Here are the features we know PlayStation 4 will launch with:
- “Share button” — instantly share your gameplay feed with friends.
- Twitter/Facebook integration
- All games will be available digitally
- PlayStation Vita cross play is supported (games may or may not ship with it)
- Trophy system will be available on day one
- Streaming media (Hulu, Netflx)
What might not be available on day one:
- Streaming of PS1, PS2 and PS3 games might be limited since older games need to be prepared for the service
- Not all “Share” features might be online.
- Features such as other players guiding someone through the game or taking over the controls.
- Playing PS4 games remotely on the PlayStation Vita.
Sony has confirmed that not all cloud features will be available on day one, and we expect them to clarify what will be available during E3. The console will launch this holiday season.